Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

patience...

It amazes me how certain activities catch on and others don't. I would've never dreamed I'd start blogging, but here I am, trying on this new found hobby. So here goes...

Our weekend was went pretty well. My sister came in from Denton on Thursday evening and stayed through Sunday afternoon. It was so good to see her and get the opportunity to just "catch up," as we do once a month when one of us goes to see the other. There was nothing ultra special that we did, we just watched certain TV shows that she enjoys together, cooked together (one of my fave things to do!), and in general, just did the normal around-the-house activities. But it was so good. I've been praying for her so intently for the last couple years, praying she'll come to see how apparent God is in her life and what an awesome plan he has in store for her, but I know that all things come in Michelle's time and, more importantly, in God's time, not my own. Sometimes it's so hard to really accept that I have no control over when (or even if, I suppose) she comes to Christ, but then I feel the Spirit's reassurance that this is in God's hands and that he is in control.

Michelle also had the opportunity of meeting the new addition to our family, Annie. We got Annie 11 days ago from the shelter and she has come to fit in so well at our house! We were nervous if she and Huck would get along, but they play and wrestle with each other all day...such a fun surprise for Brandon and me to come home to. There's not much we've come to enjoy more than being together, watching the two of them play. Here's some pictures of the new one and our sweet boy, Huck.



Our two little ones resting by Brandon.



This is our new girl, Annie.



Our sweet boy, Huck.

In other news, Brandon and I are continuing to look for a house. We're not sure what God has in store for us, as we've been looking since we got married and have yet to find anything, but we know he hears our petitions and prayers for reassurance and guidance, so I know at some point, he'll unveil his purpose for us.

This patience thing is sometimes harder than it looks though! :)

My new job is going well, there's lots of training, but it's good. I feel like this is such a good fit for me and am praying I can do my utmost while working here. There are good days and bad with the circumstances that surround my job, but I'm so blessed to have Brandon who understands and is willing to listen and a Lord who hears me constantly.
Brandon's birthday is Saturday so we're going to Sundance Square in Fort Worth on Friday to eat, stay over, and go around town Saturday. We're really looking forward to it! Here's a picture of the birthday boy...enjoy!


Isn't he handsome?
Well, this weekend should be so much fun and yay for us! We don't have any plans for next weekend! We've been so bad about being so busy every day that we don't hardly get time to sit and talk and have impromptu get-togethers with friends, so this coming weekend will be a real blessing. Weekend's almost here (well, almost), prayers for a safe and fun-filled one!





1 comment:

Alisha Stewart said...

Glad you decided to join the blogging world. I can't wait to hear more about what you guys are up to.