Well, I sure hope everyone who had the pleasure of having a 3-day weekend certainly enjoyed it; I know we did here at the Lehrmann house! Saturday we had our home inspection (yes, Brandon and I got a house! Praise God!) and that went so well, there were only a few minor issues to be resolved. I was so excited that I asked Brandon if we could go to Lowe's to look at some paint colors, etc. right afterwards. He, being the sweet guy he is, first took me to get lunch (what a treat!) and then went to Lowe's and looked around at EVERYTHING! It was so much fun, just walking down the aisles, holding hands, commenting on all the different paint choices, flooring choices, appliances, etc. Definitely a good time! After that, we went over to my in-laws, who were watching the two kiddos (again, another treat!) and hung around there for awhile. They too, just moved into a new house, so yes, Lehrmanns' are moving and changing all over the place! (Brandon also has a cousin that's getting married in May, just a little over a week before "Bundle" is due) We finished off the night catching up on some "Heroes" via NBC.com and then fell asleep to HGTV.
Sunday we went to worship and study and then Lisa (my mom-in-law) and I went to Subway and Kroger to get lunch for the guys and Meme. It was such a good time, sitting around at Meme's eating, talking, and watching Huck and Annie wrestle...I just had to smile to myself thinking what a great family I'm a part of! Later that day the girls in the family (Lisa, Sherry, Rachel and myself) all went to Rosa's to eat and then did a little fun shopping. I tell you, now that we're expecting, baby items/clothing/etc is all SO fascinating! I refrained from buying, except for some 99% fat free blueberry muffins that I thought would go well for breakfast the next morning.
Monday Brandon and I got up and yes, ate those blueberry muffins! We also went over to Meme's a bit in the morning to take care of some things she needed and chatted a bit before heading up to Target. I had been there the day before, but had forgotten to bring my gift cards with me, but had a great idea of what I wanted to get. Well, what I was planning on getting and what I actually got were two rather different things. What I was planning on getting were some items for the bathrooms and some bed linens and a pregnancy book...what I got were some tortilla chips and spinach and artichoke chips, corn and black bean salsa, some fat-free popcorn, peanuts, a pregnancy book (yes, that item WAS on the list), and a cute little onesie for Bundle (in a green and cream neutral, of course). Oh well, my stomach was beginning to talk and Brandon just told me to go with it! After that, we met up with some dear friends, Matt and Emily, and their sweet boy, Jackson, in Fort Worth. We ate at Pei Wei (yum!!) and then walked around Babies R Us (it was honestly a bit overwhelming!), before heading back to town and making a small pit-stop at Marble Slab. What a fun time we had; these friends are so wonderful! That night, Brandon laid down on our bed with me and sang Isaiah 43 to our baby. Now, we know it can't hear us yet, but I just teared up as he sang and rubbed his hand across my stomach. It was like God put that on him to sing, because it was something I needed to hear and be reminded of as well.
Well, in case you're wondering, pregnancy is such a blessing! Whenever people ask, I simply say, "As long as I don't feel well, that means it's all ok!" My morning sickness is somewhat more of a come-and-go-throughout-the-day type sickness.But it's wonderful. Every little thing about this is wonderful. Brandon and I keep praying to God to watch over our little one and are constantly letting him know that no matter what happens, we know he is in control and his love outmeasures even our own.
Thank you to everyone that has given me such encouragement throughout this short time since we've found out we're expecting! So many people, whether they've known or not, have given me such reassurance of God's plan for me, and for this life I'm living for him. I am his, and he is my Lord - hope everyone has a terrific rest of the week!
Park City Utah
4 years ago

3 comments:
Glad you found a house!! We can't wait to come see it! When do you close??e
How fun that you found a house!! We can't wait to come see it. When do you close?
I'm really excited for you guys and all the new adventures you are about to embark on. If you ever need a friend to go preggo shopping with you, I'm your girl.
Alisha
Post a Comment