Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Houses and Babies

Hello blogging world! So sorry I've been away so long, but I wanted to make sure I had things to tell when I wrote next. The past three weeks Brandon and I have been busy closing on a house (yes, our first house!) and anticipating our first prenatal visit, which was today. Back to the house, we bought our very first house and couldn't be more excited! It's so amazing to sit around and look at walls (yep, walls) and just realize they're yours. Brandon and I have spent a couple nights just commenting on how wonderful it is to know this place is our own, a place we plan to bring our bundle home to in May. How good God is!

In other news, we found out last week that our sweet Annie has a hernia (a rather large one) and that her intestines keep falling in its hole (?) and there poses a risk of her blood supply somehow getting cut off and potentially killing her. As scary as that sounds, we decided to see how much it would cost for her surgery (which they said would be the most effective way to remedy her ailment) and thankfully its quite easy for us to afford. So Miss Annie will be having surgery on December 9 as we once again praise God for letting that be an easy decision to make.

Now, on to the baby! This morning was our first appointment with Dr. Ford. What an amazing man! He and his entire staff were so gracious and made Brandon and I feel so assured that our baby is in good medical hands. I will tell you though, I was so anxious, I could barely sleep a wink last night! I kept tossing and turning, looking over at the alarm clock to see if it was time to get up. I think I might have driven Brandon just a tad nuts... :) SO, we were able to have a sonogram and WOW!, I am once again amazed at the workings of God's hands. We just sat there, speechless, as Dr. Ford showed us our baby kicking around and playing with it's hands...it was just amazing. Dr. Ford asked me what I thought and all I could come up with was "I'm in awe at how amazing that is." We could see it's face, legs, feet, hands, elbows, and heart...something I don't think either of us thought we would really see! I think we both went in thinking it wasn't going to look like, well...a baby. Brandon commented on how it was going to look like a sea monkey...ha, well he was rather pleasantly surprised. I couldn't help but tear up at realizing that this precious bundle is actually growing (and MOVING!) inside me and that God made it to where my body knows how to grow and reposition itself to accomodate this amazing little person. Ah, and we also found out we're a little further along than we thought. We thought we were at 11 weeks 2 days, but we found out we're actually at 12 weeks and are due May 26...which just so happens to be one day after my own birthday. I can't think of a more amazing birthday gift. Well, here's a couple pictures of our sweet little bundle at 12 weeks, enjoy!


(The first is with its head up top and its arm outstretched; the bottom is an upside down side view...I never thought I would know what I'm looking at, but I guess it's true that when it's your own, you just see it!)

3 comments:

rachelprice said...

Yay! I was waiting on this blog. Glad everything went well and you liked Dr. Ford and staff. They are great! It makes it so real to see a picture and know its really there! Can't wait to know if Haley will have a girl cousin to play with:)

Anonymous said...

This is so neat...
I can actually see the first picture of my great grandchild.
Of course he/she is waving at me.
So thankful all is well and growing.
Little Haley will be a perfect playmate.
How blessed can a great-grand parent be to have 2 great grand children on the way.
Love Memaw

Alisha Stewart said...

That's so exciting. You realize that we have the exact same due date now. Isn't that strange? I still can't wrap my mind around it. What if our babies were actually born on the same day:)