Dear Sylvie,
Today is your second birthday. My, how this last year has flown! You have grown and matured so much and I can hardly believe how quickly time with you is passing. Here are some things I want to remember about you turning two.
You are a fearless little girl! You keep up with your siblings and even give them a run for their money often! You even growl all the time, ha! You aren't afraid to try new things and will even dive into a pool without making sure someone's there to catch you! (That has given you as well as those in the pool, quite a scare a time or two.) When we went to Peru this past summer, you kept asking to climb the mountains or run down the large hills; it amazed everyone! Your fearless attitude has me wondering what the Lord has in store for you.
You are a spunky little girl. You walk around, always having something to say, and have such a fun way of saying things. Some things you say that crack us up are "Yeah, I know" (as you shake your hips and head), "Sowwy" (to anything anyone does; it doesn't have to be you), "Dat mine" (you're certainly learning what it means to have and have not), and "Wuh you" (Love you; a personal favorite of your mom's). You walk around, wiggling your hips and shaking your head. You're always full of energy!
You enjoy books SO much! Your absolute favorite is "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" (what your birthday party theme was as well), and most nights you fall asleep with this book in bed with you. You enjoy flipping through books throughout the morning while I teach your brother; I so love that you enjoy books so much. To facilitate your love of books, we have book bins in your room, living room, and our room.
You are a nurturing girl. You aren't quite as girly as your sister Cora, but you definitely know how to nurture and care for your babies when you two play. You hold them, kiss them, and make sure they're warm. You also do the same when you see someone upset in the house. There have been a couple times you have dried my own tears with your sweet kisses. I love that we can count on you to comfort those that need comforting.
You enjoy music and dancing. That you have in common with your other two siblings. I think this must be a family trait, as your dad and I like this as well. More often than not, our evenings at home have music involved.
You are still somewhat of a picky eater. I know this is just the age, but boy I can't wait for you to have a more robust palate. Right now you enjoy yogurt, bananas, cheese cubes, muffins, veggie sticks, and of course, sugar. I keep the sugar to a minimum at our house though, so you don't get too much of that here. You are not really a fan of meat at all (which doesn't concern your mostly vegetarian mother).
You pray at night, at mealtime, basically anytime someone asks for prayer. We don't always know what you're saying, but I know the Lord does. I also so love that you're always so ready and willing to pray.
Sylvie Kate, I love you more than I can express. The joy you bring to me each and every day is unspeakable and I feel so undeserving to be your mother. I thank the Lord for His bestowing of you to us, and only continue to pray that I can train you up in His ways. He loves you more than I do Siv, please always know that. (And I love you A LOT!)
You're a blessing, you're a light, you're a joy, and you're my girl. Happy second birthday, my sweet Sylvie Kate.
Love,
Mommy
Park City Utah
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment