So today Brandon and I went in for our most recent Dr. appointment. We've been anxious to go, as Bundle's debut is getting closer and closer, and we just love getting to hear that sweet guy's heartbeat (especially since Brandon missed the last one). We also had some questions we had thought up since our last visit, since between that time we'd been to our childbirthing class and had experienced some minor (and new) discomforts in this journey through pregnancy. Dr. Ford said my glucose test came back good and that my measurements and weight were terrific, so that was super exciting to hear. We got to hear the guy's heartbeat and afterwards, Dr. Ford asked about his movements. Now, in the last month or two, Bundle's been quite active, throwing some hard kicks and punches just to remind me he's hanging in there and growing like a weed! However, since Monday his activity level has dropped quite a bit, and Monday evening we were a little nervous that something might be wrong, as it was over 5 hours between times of me feeling any movements from him. When we explained this to him today, he hooked me up to a fetal monitor and let it monitor Bundle for 20 minutes while I laid on my left side. I was to press a black button any time I felt movement from him in any way. While he went to go check on other patients as we let the 20 minutes go by, Brandon and I just watched and prayed in anticipation that everything would go right and that our tough little guy was doing alright. After the 20 minutes, he came in and looked over our results and said that he was doing ok right now, but that if we have more decreased activity to either call him or go to Labor and Delivery to be checked out (after hours). So right now our prayer is that this decreased movement is just a growth spurt for our guy and that he's just beginning to run out of room to punch! I'm so glad Brandon was with me today as well, as I tend to overly worry (this whole first time mom thing is tricky!) and he helps remind me that God is in control and that no matter what, we'll be ok. As far as the rest of our appointment, we see that we're right on schedule and that our boy's just continuing to grow! Praise God!
We've also been realizing what a special day May 26th will be. Not only is our precious guy due, but our friends Adam and Alisha are set to be due the same day with their third little boy, Brandon's cousin Rachel is set to leave for the Mayo Clinic where she will hopefully find some answers to help with her illness, and sweet Mayre Stewart is scheduled for her last chemo treatment. What a wonderful day!! We're praying this day brings forth so much goodness (2 babies, although we're quite aware probably not, ha; answers to a debilitating illness, and an end to nasty chemo treatments!), and we're so sure that God will provide!
Today I've been lifting up prayers for our friends Chris and Kristin, who went in this morning to deliver their sweet boy Sutton via C-Section. We know this isn't the course they had planned, but we know through the doctors and all that surround them, that God will have his hand in this and that we'll soon have word that sweet Sutton has arrived safely and that Kristin is recovering without any problems.
Brandon and I have pretty much finished most of Bundle's room and while I don't have pictures to post just yet, I can tell you going in there is so exciting! It's so neat to realize in just a matter of weeks that a little boy will be in there! As soon as I can, I'll be sure to post some images to enjoy!
Well, I think that about sums up our last week or so, I know it's been far longer since I last posted, but the guy's letting me know it's time to eat some lunch, so...I think I'll follow his direction. :)
Park City Utah
4 years ago

3 comments:
I'm so glad to hear that the appointment went well. We'll be praying that you and Bundle will continue to be healthy and that the scares will subside. We miss you guys so much and hope we can see you soon.
Love to all,
Matt
Glad to hear everything was okay with little Michael..haha.. I think thats the name..j/k.. Haley would move less the bigger I got, I think its normal. As long as I felt her move at some point during the day, I didn't worry! I'm ready to see pictures of the room!!!
Glad everything is good with little boy Lehrmann! I think thats normal for movement to slow as they get bigger. Haley didn't move that much the bigger I got, but as long as I felt her at some point during the day I thought it was okay! I'm ready to see some pictures of his room!!!
Post a Comment