Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 30, 2009

Prayer Request



Usually I write about how wonderful our sweet baby Beau is and what he's been doing. Today is no exception. Beau and I went to his six-month check-up where we were to get his weight/height/head circ, vaccines, and half of his flu shot. We waited about an hour in the waiting area and after another 15 minutes in the room, we saw the doctor. We're happy to report our precious boy is 14 lbs 12 ozs, 24 1/2 inches long, and has a head circumference of 17 inches. In the course of getting checked out, his doctor informed me that Beau has a rather loud heart murmur. Apparently he was able to hear it through his skin even. Right now we're looking at just waiting until Beau's a year old and if the murmur is still there, we'll do an echocardiogram to see what's going on. We're asking for prayers of peace and health. While Brandon and I know that there are far worse things that could happen to our sweet guy, we're also in a place of feeling helpless. We're turning to God because we're confident he's in charge of this. We pray that this will just go away, but also pray that no matter what the result, that God is glorified through this ordeal.

I thank you for keeping our Beau in your prayers. He is one of the most important parts of our lives and we love him so very much!

2 comments:

Katie Cunningham said...

Prayers are going up! I understand your feeling of helplessness, but think it is so wonderful that you can let go and let God handle it!

Anonymous said...

We are praying for our little buddy.
Also, the church of Christ in Scurry has him on their prayer list.
Most everyone I have talked to say their children had heart murmurs.
One couple has 2 little girls that at 6 mo had heart murmurs and at one year had electrocardigrams and they do not have holes in their hearts now. Theirs is called "musical" can still hear it, but everything is ok.
God will be with you three because you are such good Christians.
Lv U Memaw & Pepaw