Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Retreat and Treat!

Yesterday Beau and I took off for our church's Ladies' Retreat. I was a little nervous over how Beau would do away from 1) Daddy, 2) home and his bed and 3) in a room overnight with people he wasn't used to. Well, he did really well. We had a rough night, which I was expecting, but at 4:30 AM, when my little one was up yet again (we were getting  up about once every hour) and we were pacing the floor after his feeding, one of the ladies in our room said she would hold him while I slept a little. This was SO sweet. So Mayre rocked Beau for awhile and when my alarm went off two hours later, these two buddies were snug as a bug together in Mayre's bed. So precious. AND apparently neither she nor Jackie (our other roommate) heard Beau much throughout the night - wow! He was wonderful the rest of the time and slept the whole way back. What a guy!


Playing during break time at the retreat.

Later that evening after we got home, my hubby and I went on a dinner date with a giftcard we had received from my very wonderful in-laws. It was so nice to spend a little time with the hubs, he's been quite busy the last month or so!
Love him!


Ha, this is probably a better description of how silly we are!

No comments: