Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hospital No-Fun

So February has been quite the month of sickness for our family! It started out on the 2nd, when I started feeling tired and a little sick. By the night of the 4th, I was barely able to breathe and was in the hospital the 5th through the 10th. I was told I had a severe asthma attack with pneumonia. It was awful! I got to see Beau for a total of maybe an hour or two a day, had to pump like crazy, lost most of my milk, then had to spend the next week working on getting it back (harder than it may sound!). Brandon was so amazing to bounce back and forth between everyone and everything while I was in the hospital! I was sent home with a BUNCH of medicines (that I will officially be done with on Saturday - yes!) and we stayed with my in-laws until Friday. At that point, THEY got really sick and are still battling it, poor guys! Brandon started getting sick the day after we got back to our house and as of today Beau is sick. Thankfully Brandon seems to be on the mend, but boy, this has just been the month of illness. It can be trying sometimes to remain so upbeat and know everything will work out, when we know hospital bills are coming in, pharmacy bills, co-pays, and still not sure when we'll get to take a paycheck. But God provides. He's been faithful to that for the last 5 months; 5 months we've gone without any income! I can only attribute it to the amazing means God provides and our loving family who takes care of us in so many unmentionable ways. We are daily humbled at the outpouring of love we are continually shown. So now we just continue to take our medicine and hope that this whole spell of sickness is moving on. My chest x-ray showed no remnants of anything from the hospital; my doctor was so pleased! I go back in a couple of weeks for a test on my lungs to determine what their baseline function is so we can know what course of management medicine will best suit me as I restart my journey on living with moderate asthma. I think a part of me has always hoped it would go away. Part of me thought maybe if I just "ignored" it, it wouldn't be such a big deal. But I'm seeing as I get older that this is something I just need to come to grips with and deal with accordingly. There was absolutely no sense in my breathing getting as bad as it did, I was honestly just too prideful to take the right precautions, and it got out of hand. Now I know better. Now I know I NEED to know better. I have more than just myself counting on me. So for now, we're working on getting Beau and Brandon better here, and hopefully my in-laws will be well before them. I guess all this could be summed up by saying that I'm really ready for spring though, hmm? :)

No comments: