Today is St. Patty's Day and since I'm Irish (and come from a childhood that this was literally as big as Christmas to my mother), I decided to have some fun and wear green! Even Brandon wore green to work! My childhood school in Ohio had the mascot of the Fighting Irish and so green and gold were our school colors. So, lo and behold I wore a green dress and gold shoes to work today. I figure with a maiden name like Darby (which in fact DID have an "O" tagged on the front before the firsts of my ancestors over here dropped it), I pretty much have to support the day. Either way, it was fun. For dinner, I decided to make peanut butter and banana pancakes...with green food coloring! They were so yummy! For dessert we made cupcakes and put different drops of color in each to make them different. Beau was so excited to help and was doing great until...he had food coloring all over him. Oh well, he's almost 2, what more could I expect? I was proud of him for helping and then Dad whisked him away to take a bath while I cleaned up the kitchen and his new shirt he had gotten at the zoo that day. I'll let the pictures tell the rest, but let's just say the boy had such fun when he finally got to take a bite of "cake"!
Helping Mom
Oh no!
That's one blue boy!
Cupcakes before....
Leftover pancakes
See? They're green! (and yummy!)
And cupcakes after!
Nothing like sharing a cupcake wit your dad
Yum!
Love this!
No comments:
Post a Comment