Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun, and I say it's all right

I've had a decently busy last week or so. I've been in Cleburne all last week and will be for the remainder of this week before going back to training in Dallas next week. I've been busy copying files (as we now use the term of endearment in our house, "Copy Girl") for case mediations and adoptions, been to placement visits, taken sweet kiddos to get immunized, and get to go to mediation today on a case where a father learns that his kids won't be coming home to him. I'm not sure how I feel about all that. It's crazy to think I'm walking in a room, the same room as this father, although I'm walking out having learned a process of my job, and he walks out learning his kids aren't coming back. But, it is what it is, and I can't allow myself to delve into that any more than that. We're also moving into a new office Thursday, where I'll have my own office and all that jazz! Moving's never a smooth process and by the looks of what's been going on around here, that notion is pretty dead-on.

Brandon and I were able to have some down-time last week, which was such a blessing for us! We really enjoyed being able to just talk about some things and really lay them out. It's so nice when you're able to run with an idea. We also found out Friday that our dear friends Chris and Kristin are expecting! We're so excited for them, they're going to be such amazing parents. I have to laugh when I see how I'm surrounded by so many pregnant women, both in my personal life as well as professional (there were seven women pregnant in my office when I started), but it's so neat to see the miracle of life all around you! I know that will be such a blessing to Brandon and me when we start having a family of our own later on.

This weekend we went to Temple to see our wonderful friends, Adam and Alisha and their two sweet boys. It was so much fun to be able to hang around and visit, as we were able to stay the night this time. Our visit consisted of playing in a corn field to playing cards, going to a wonderful Bible class and worship service and having some fantastic Mexican food, with all kinds of random fun in between. It was relaxing for us, and we enjoyed it so much.

I've been really debating so many things right now that are going on in my and Brandon's personal life. We have so many decisions and choices in front of us and we're really seeking out what God's plan is for our family. It's hard to know that no choice is 100% win and that in any we will miss out on something, but we know in the end, our goal is to do what pleases God and what is best for our relationship. I wish I could go into details, but at this point, I really can't, but please be praying for us as we continue to seek counsel in each other and in our Father. We're hoping to make a decision soon so we can move forward with life.

I guess maybe that's why I feel some sense of tension. I know it'll be alright, I'm assured of that, it's just coming to that end that can be nerve-racking sometime. But I know that each morning, when I see that sun a comin', that everything is alright.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Thanks for your comment Mary! Funny thing, I admire a lot about you too. I know I couldn't be strong enough to handle your job, and the compassion you feel toward those kids and their families is very inspiring. I know you're stressed, but know that there are lots of people praying for you and all of the crazy decisions that you have to make. Miss you bunches, I'll be thinking about you.