Ok, so the title really has nothing to do with anything I'm writing about. Truth be told, Brandon and I were just sitting here bouncing off catchy titles for this blog post and he mentioned trains of some sort and behold, the title came to me. This week seemed so long for both Brandon and me for some odd reason. I went to training in Arlington all week, which can sometimes make it seem long, but the days just seemed to go by so slowly. However, this week was wonderful and brought much good conversation.
Brandon and I have been going over our plan for the next several weeks, and we're realizing what a wonderful opportunity this is to really experience humility. I don't think I always realize what a luxury it is to have the opportunity to go out to eat or grab a coffee if I so choose and how tempting it is to go when others are all going! I really experienced this at work this week when we would break for lunch. Everyone would go out to get something to eat and I would be the sole person left in the room, going to grab and heat up my lunch that I brought from home. It amazed me and humbled me by how tempted I was at first to just leave my lunch in the fridge and go get something as well. It wasn't even that I needed it or even really wanted it, just knowing that everyone else was bringing in food and that I knew we could financially, was a force by Satan I didn't quite expect. I was figuring out the menu and grocery list for next week and I am so excited to try some new recipes! This is going to be such a wonderful journey for us to experience together. We talked earlier this week about how blessed we are by what all we have and how so many (including us at times) feel living on ten dollars a week for groceries is insane, but we then realize how much of the rest of the world lives on less than a dollar a day. It really starts to put things into perspective when you look at it that way.
Well, here are some fun pictures from the past week showing a little of what's been going on at the Lehrmann household, enjoy!
Brandon in his spot at home.
Yummy mandarin orange cake!
Some of what we have to work with.
Some more. (Yes, lots of tuna thanks to Memaw and Pepaw!)
They're too sweet and supply us with so much. :)
Some baking goods.
Ha, our sweet Annie. She never looks at the camera! This is a treat!
The sweet guy, Huck.

These are the books our family has been reading this week!
Well, I've read the first two in the line, Brandon's read them all.
Some of the work I've been doing regarding our meals.
GREAT book if you ever know someone who's in true need.
Looking for an edger!
Fridge, anyone?
Our Annie brought this into the house...we couldn't
believe we actually had a butterfly in our home. It was so beautiful.
Different paint colors with tile.
The sister with the pups after spending the weekend with us.
















No comments:
Post a Comment