Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 29, 2009

One Month!

So our sweet Beau Elias turned one month old this past Saturday! It is so amazing to think a month has already gone by since our entire lives were changed. Parenthood has been quite an adventure, but one I continue to keep learning from each day. At one month, Beau is staying awake for longer stretches through day and is starting to lengthen his sleeping at night. He focuses on people or objects close to him and can follow them when they move slowly. He also has such a tight grip! When he has one of our fingers, we have to pry him off to get out! He's so strong. Beau's also trying so hard to keep his head up, and is getting closer and closer. Brandon and I have been cleaning his umbilical stub for what seems like forever, and then on Saturday when I went to change him, it had fallen out! We were so excited! Brandon has been ITCHING to give Beau his first real bath, so this was the moment he had been waiting for. That night we gave him his first bath and he did SO good! He started to cry at first because he wasn't sure what we were doing, but once he felt the warm water, he immediately chilled out and enjoyed being washed and doted on! I've included some pictures and a short video from that, although making sure as to keep him looking as modest as possible while taking a bath. :)

I'm starting to recover from a nasty bout of mastitis that ended up also giving me thrush. For about two days I felt like a semi had run me over, ran a 101 fever one minute and was sweating the next, and couldn't even muster up energy to hold Beau, but over the weekend started getting my strength back. I go back to the doctor Thursday to make sure everything's healing properly. Now I'm just praying I don't get that again!
So here are some pictures taken from Beau's one month milestone day. Enjoy!

































No comments: