Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Brandon and I Made A...

 Cake! Silly people, you, for a split second, thought I was gonna say...well, you know. And you're right. We did make one of those. He's turning two in May. But this post starts on something else we made together. Namely, cinnamon sugar graham cake with vanilla buttercream icing. I had a hankering to get in the kitchen today (as I honestly do most days), but was really wanting to enjoy some time with Brandon as Beau had gone to spend the day (and now, the night) with his beloved Gran, Pops, and Lulu. So, after seeing if Brandon would come into the kitchen and being so excited to get a "yes," I started pulling out ingredients. Let me tell you, never let Brandon fool you again, this kid can crush graham crackers like nobody's business! ;) He helped make the cake and then ate the beaters from the icing. That's help in my book. So here's the finished product, it looked pretty (I added some red food coloring to the icing for a Valentine's Day theme) and tasted REALLY good! I can't wait until Beau comes home so I can snap a few pictures of him trying some!


Yum. Icing.

Crushed graham crackers with a few red and white sprinkles just for that "Valentine" feel

Oh yeah. This is the best part of making cakes, right?


Tonight we braved the weather (ha, I say that almost jokingly because it really wasn't that bad) and went and saw the Beauster. I tell ya, just being away from this guy for a day makes me miss him so much! He is just the sweetest thing and I'm SO looking forward to some major reading/cuddle time tomorrow after I pick him up!

Playing the piano


Reading with his Gran

2 comments:

Lisa Lehrmann said...

Cake looks yummie!! Enjoyed these snowny day and time with the family!

Matt Moring said...

The cake was so good! Feel free to make one for me any time! It's only 5 months until my birthday... :-)