Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Things I Don't Want to Forget

Sorry, no pictures today. Camera had to charge. But Beau did two very adorable things today that I do NOT want to forget (also, Brandon demanded I record these and he rarely makes those kinds of requests).

  • Beau and Brandon often spend much of their time together wrestling, fighting, doing "manly" things. Many times Beau tries to do these same things with me, so we've been working on how we don't hit girls. Mommy is a girl. So we don't hit Mommy. We're talking about how we treat girls sweetly, that we love and pet on them. Well, after this particular lesson today, I asked if Beau understood what we were talking about. He firmly shouted, "yes ma'am!" Then proceeded to "honk" me. I'm pretty sure I don't have to explain exactly where he "honked" me, I'm assuming you can gather where. When I looked at him, mainly out of surprise, he smiled and said, "no hit!" We then proceeded to have a discussion on how we don't "honk" girls...
  • Beau and I went to the mall in Fort Worth after his nap today, mainly to get a change of scenery and walk around and see new things. Beau did really great, except for trying to take down (and I mean in a manly way) any mannequin he saw. So we mainly played on the indoor playground, which was great. He interacted with some kids and got a chance to be a little more social. I did manage to grab a couple of plain t-shirts to wear for under $9 total, and, being the gentleman we're rearing him to be, Beau wanted to carry my bag out (or maybe its just fun to carry a bag? I'll allow myself to believe the latter). While walking out to the car, he tripped and fell with a loud "UGG!" I picked him up, dusted him off, checked for blood and after finding none asked him, "Are you ok? Are you hurt?" Beau replies, "No. Tough, Mommy." That's my boy.
This guy is surprising us more and more everyday and I just LOVE it!

No comments: