Friday night Brandon and I went out to Texas de Brazil in downtown Fort Worth to celebrate his birthday. He had been talking about wanting to dine here since we first started dating (just about 4 years ago - wow!), but I'm honestly not a huge meat eater and knowing how much it costs to dine there, I simply couldn't justify him paying for me to eat there. However, knowing how much he's wanted to go, I signed him up with TdB online ahead of his birthday. Well, they give you a complimentary dinner when it's your birthday, and since we hadn't had a real date since Beau's birth, I figured this would be just the thing to make him smile (and make me not totally cringe at spending so much money!). We made plans for Beau to stay with his Gran and Pops that night and I made a bottle for him and packed his pjs. No, he didn't stay the night, (Brandon and I don't think we're quite ready for that!) but he was given his bath, fed, and then laid down to start his rest for the night. He was such a sweet bundle when we got back, Gran was just sitting in the rocker, rocking away! Apparently he had been a wonderful little boy (as if we ever doubted that, ha!), and had taken his bath like a champ and had been laying down in their bed between them, but had gotten a little fussy, so she came out to the living room and started rocking and tah-dah!, he was magically back asleep. He did wake up though as soon as we transferred him to Brandon, but he was such a sweet boy and we had really been looking forward to seeing him, that we didn't mind!
Back to our date though. WOW, that place was amazing! It had a 60 item salad bar! I couldn't believe it. We went and got our salads and other items off the bar and headed back up to our table (we dined on the second floor) and then proceeded to get served different meats of our choice straight off hot skewers. I tried some parmesan chicken, bacon wrapped chicken, Brazilian sausage, and top choice sirloin...yum! I also had a bite of Brandon's bacon wrapped filet mignon and lamb. I can't even begin to tell you all that Brandon tried though, that man loves his meat! We also had these little cheese bread bites brought to our table and were so yummy. Most importantly though, it was so nice to spend some quality alone time with Brandon. It was so good for us to have that time together and just catch up on everything that's been going on the last couple months and what we plan for in the coming months and years. When we got done and walked outside, we saw it had started raining. We didn't bring an umbrella with us, but it was light enough that we just decided to brave it and walk to the car. It wasn't that far and I didn't see the need to make him go get it and come get me. So we walked hand in hand in the rain until we came to a big pool of water in the road. I was wearing heels and a skirt, so my husband being the gentleman that he is picked me up and carried me across - what a lucky girl I am! We drove home holding hands. :) I love date nights!

No comments:
Post a Comment