I took Beau to the doctor Friday and at first they weighed him since the PA last time (not his regular doctor) had mentioned she was concerned over his weight. They had even mentioned that he might need supplementing. Well, that was all this mama needed to hear to get motivated to show otherwise! We know our buddy started small (and still is), but he's definitely growing and getting bigger by the day. At his two month well check, he weighed 7 lbs 14 ozs...at this appointment (12 weeks), he weighed... 9 lbs 4 ozs! Way to go, Beau! The doctor said he was VERY pleased at his weight gain and even though we're still not really on the chart yet for weight, that he's doing just perfect. But we knew that all along. :)
So after Beau was diagnosed with a cold, I was told all I could really do was suction out his nose and put saline drops in, put a humidifier next to where he sleeps, give him Tylenol for any fever he kept having, and try putting him in his swing to sleep (so as to keep his head elevated). So we did just that. Tonight it seems he's starting to get a little better, which is such an answer to prayer. It's NO fun watching my sweet boy struggle to breathe!
So here are some pictures from our moments together this weekend. It was honestly just what we needed; time together without rushing everywhere else.
Trying to get some quality rest
So glad you're starting to feel better, Beau! I think your dad and I almost felt as bad (if not worse) about you being sick than you dealing with the sickness yourself! This parenting deal sure can tug on your heartstrings!

No comments:
Post a Comment