Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Growing like a weed

Our little guy is getting so fun! It seems like over the last couple weeks Beau's personality has just emerged and it is so wonderful! He gives us smiles all the time, although some of my favorites are when he first sees me or his dad...so sweet. He's really been building on his relationship with Brandon, I tell ya, those two have such a good time together that it's hard to sometimes get a word in! Beau and I have been playing more and while tummy time is still not something he's totally into, he's getting much better at it.

This week's been a little rough for the buddy and me as I've been working a bunch more, which has meant that he's been bouncing around from person to person. It's been making for some almost seperation anxiety-type symptoms with the boy. For example, he'll go 3 hours or so inbetween his feedings when I'm not there, but as soon as he and I get home, it's like he gets on a nursing frenzy. He also is HATING for me to not hold him (which I'm assuming the nursing is just another way that we're being close) and will just cry almost inconsolably if I leave the room for any amount of time (i.e. to use the restroom) only to immediately get better and bury his head in my neck when I pick him up. It's so weird and has only flared up this week, so for now I'm just praying we can work through this. I love my little guy so much and hate being away from him for any amount of time (I'm trying to keep it to just a couple hours a day), but right now I just don't know what to do to make him feel better. For now I'm just sticking to lots of cuddle time and bonding.

I've also been pondering doing some decorating to our home. Namely, I'm looking at painting scripture on our walls. We have a few walls throughout our home that have been left blank and one night Brandon and I were discussing what to do with them and we came up with that idea. At first I think we just thought it was a neat idea, but not something we'd actually do, but the more I think about it, why WOULDN'T I want to have scripture surrounding us? Not only will it be wonderful for Beau to be surrounded in the Word, but will be an encouragement for Brandon and myself as well. Now I'm just going over which verses we'd like! Suggestions?

What a sweet smile!

He just LOVES his socks that look like shoes! They've been quite a hit with Daddy as well.(Thanks Amber!)

My strong boy...yes, this is an action shot of him pushing himself up on his left arm...that's my tough buddy!

No comments: